This instant pot minestrone soup is the perfect hearty meal to warm you up during even the coldest months. If you like the Olive Garden version, you are going to fall in love with minestrone soup recipe because it full of delicious vegetables and beans.
During the colder months of the year, you cannot beat a bowl of warm minestrone soup. Use this instant pot minestrone recipe to get a comforting bowl of soup ready in mere minutes!
What is minestrone soup? It is a traditional Italian vegetable soup that typically includes a tomato broth, basic spices, and pasta or rice. This minestrone soup recipe uses many pantry staples to make it super easy.
A traditional minestrone soup can have either pasta or rice. I love using ditalini pasta in mine because it is small like rice but has the flavor and texture of pasta.
I also add fresh rosemary to the pot before cooking to add additional flavor beyond the simple spices used.
I’m sure you might be thinking “why make an instant pot soup” when soup is relatively easy to make on the stove. The answer: time! Instead of simmering the soup away on the stove for 30+ minutes, you can make this instant pot soup in half the time.
A few ways to add incredible flavor to this simple minestrone recipe:
- Use fire roasted tomatoes instead of regular diced tomatoes
- Substitute bone broth for regular broth or water
- Season with smoked sea salt
- Add a little spice by substituting spicy Italian sausage instead of regular
- Top your finished soup with shaved Parmesan
This minestrone soup is perfect on its own or pair it with one of these great sandwich options:
- Green Goddess Vegetable Sandwich
- Apple Gouda Grilled Cheese
- Pesto Hearts of Palm Grilled Cheese
- Apricot Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Chile Relleno Monte Cristo
If you like this instant pot minestrone soup recipe, be sure to try these other great instant pot soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (did you know a pressure cooker is an insant pot?!)
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Pressure Cooker Chunky Potato Cheese Soup
- Instant Pot Corn Chowder
Essential Items for this Recipe:
(may contain affiliate links)
This instant pot minestrone soup recipe gets you hearty comfort food in mere minutes!
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seaoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 14.5oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups broth (chicken bone or vegetable)
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
Set Instant pot/pressure cooker to saute mode. Add Italian sausage and ground beef. Cook, stirring to crumble until it begins to brown.
Add onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to combine with meat. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir.
Stir in tomatoes with juice, kidney beans, white beans, bay leaves, broth and pasta. Place rosemary sprigs in broth.
Close lid and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. After the pressure sets and it cooks for 5 minutes (total about 15 minutes), let pressure naturally release for about 5 minutes. Then, manually release remaining pressure being careful to avoid the steam.
Top with shaved Parmesan and season with salt and pepper if desired.