Pork tenderloin with creamy white wine sauce is a restaurant quality meal that is easily made at home. Pair it with some roasted vegetables and you have a complete meal that feels like a night out.
A pork tenderloin is something I keep in the freezer all the times because there are so many ways to cook it. Topping it with a creamy white wine sauce makes it feel like you are ordering in a restaurant but without having to leave your house (or change out of your comfy clothes).
There are so many ways to cook the pork tenderloin but I chose to roast it in the oven to make it super easy. If I have time, I sear it quickly on the stove and then transfer it to the oven. You can easily grill it or cook it on the stove. Choose your favorite.
If you don’t have a pork tenderloin or prefer something else, this white wine sauce is delicious on chicken, fish or even pasta.
When choosing a wine for this creamy white wine sauce, choose a dry wine like a chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc. Either will go well in the sauce because they don’t have a lot of residual sugar.
If you love this recipe for creamy white wine sauce, be sure to try these other great sauce recipes:
- Rigatoni with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Beet Noodles with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Chicken with Red Wine Sauce
- Balsamic Thyme Blueberry Sauce
- 1 2-3lb pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
White Wine Sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Place in prepared roasting and cook for until pork reaches 165 degrees. This will depend on the size of your pork tenderloin but it is usually around 30-40 minutes.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a saute pan. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add white wine and cook until reduced by half. Reduce heat to low and stir in heavy cream and basil. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over sliced pork.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 179mg Sodium: 165mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 59g