Just last year I fell in love with beets. Before that, I just could not stomach them. Then, I had them roasted with goat cheese. From there, I was hooked and went on to discover how amazing they are with blue cheese! Right now, I am totally in love with trying different types of vegetable noodles and recently branched out to beet noodles with blue cheese sauce.
I first discovered beet noodles at our local grocery store. It carries tons of different veggie noodles and I just had to give the beet ones a try. Now, I use my spiralizer to create them at home since I know I love them. The blue cheese sauce is so easy to make and is perfect for these beet noodles. If you have a pasta lover at home, you can easily toss regular pasta in the sauce too.
Ingredients for Beet Noodles with Blue Cheese Sauce:
2 beets, spiralized
2 Tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Fresh basil for garnish
Let’s Make It:
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add butter, garlic and walnuts and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
2. Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in blue cheese and Parmesan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add beet noodles and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the noodles have softened. Top with fresh basil and additional chopped walnuts.
The sauce for this is so rich and creamy! I don’t worry too much about all the cheese and heavy cream since I am eating it on vegetable noodles. That has to count for something right?!
What are your favorite ways to eat beets? My family doesn’t love them as much as I do so I sneak them into sloppy joes to get them to eat them more often.
Essential Items for This Recipes:
Spiralizer // Cheese Grater // Large Skillet // Pasta Bowls
- 2 beets, spiralized
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add butter, garlic and walnuts and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in blue cheese and Parmesan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add beet noodles and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the noodles have softened. Top with fresh basil and additional chopped walnuts.
Alison's Allspice says
I am not a big fan of beets, but I love your idea to sneak them in sloppy joes! This blue cheese sauce looks amazing, Thanks!
OMG, I never thought of spiraled beets. I can’t wait to try this. This looks amazing.
Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon party.
This is such a pretty dish! Thanks for linkin’ up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Hmm…I’ve never had a beet noodle salad. This will give me an excuse to use my spiralizer that is still sitting unused. Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday.
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome says
Sorry it took so long to visit – I’ve been off on vacation! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner link up!
Leo Tat says
Not tried spiralized beets. A very good low-carb alternative to noodles. I’ve been using these zero-carb water noodles, but using spiralized vegetables are much healthier. I’ll try the spiralized beets this weekend.