Banana bread is a classic recipe that is so comforting and extremely easy to make. This 3 ingredient banana bread is a must make!
I’m thrilled to share a recipe from a fellow blogger today. I know this quarantine situation has lots of people turning to baking as a way to pass the time and to bring a bit of comfort. Add this 3 ingredient banana bread recipe to your baking list and I promise you won’t regret it.
Do you still need a reason to include bananas to your diet? Not only are bananas always available all year round, but they are also delicious. You can eat them as is or you can use them as ingredients for bread, like in the recipes we recommend below.
Benefits of Eating Bananas
Consuming banana daily can give you a healthier lifestyle. Make sure to not just eat bananas but also be active by exercising daily so that you can have a good quality of life.
- It contains a lot of nutrients
- One serving of bananas is loaded with nutrients. They contain B6 which is essential for a properly functioning nervous system. It can improve your mood and even help with nausea associated with morning sickness.
- Bananas also have calcium which is good for your bones and folate which is needed to make DNA in the body.
- It helps those who are suffering from anemia
- Aside from the nutrients mentioned above, bananas are also rich in iron. Anemia happens when there is a deficiency in your red blood cells. When you suffer from this condition you may feel many symptoms including, weakness, headaches, and shortness of breath.
- If not treated, it can lead to bigger problems such as organ damage. Bananas have a high iron content so make sure to eat this regularly if you have anemia.
- A banana contains a lot of potassium
- According to Medical News Today, one banana can contain as much as 422 mg of potassium. Potassium. is very much needed by the body.
- It can prevent serious conditions like kidney stones and even osteoporosis. If you have low potassium levels you will not only feel weak, but you might even develop an abnormal heart rhythm.
- It can help with digestion
- If you are familiar with the BRAT diet, B stands for bananas. This diet is good for those who are having digestion issues. If you have an upset stomach or diarrhea, bananas can help with your condition.
- Not only will help make your stools firmer, but bananas have many nutrients that will help replace those you have lost when you had diarrhea or nausea.
- Bananas are good for your heart
- Heart disease is one of the top killers in the world today. It can be attributed to factors like high blood pressure, cholesterol and many more.
- If you are at risk of getting or developing heart disease, you might want to add bananas to your diet. They are full of fiber which can lower the chances of getting cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease.
- Bananas can also help lower your blood pressure as they are loaded with potassium. Potassium helps to regulate the salt in your body so make sure to eat one banana daily if you are eating a high-sodium diet.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Banana Bread
Now that you know just how beneficial it is to have bananas in your diet, here are a couple of recipes for banana bread that you can easily make at home.
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mash bananas well. Stir in eggs and cake mix and stir until well mixed.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the middle of the bread. Cool completely before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 495mg Carbohydrates: 67g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g
Here’s another three-ingredient banana bread for you. This time, you will not be using a boxed cake mix but self-rising flour. It’s important to use this as this is different from all-purpose flour.
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup self rising flour
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mash bananas well. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- Sift flour into bowl and mix well. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
1. For every cup of self-rising flour that the recipe calls for, substitute a cup of all-purpose flour. Then add one and one-half teaspoons of baking powder plus one-fourth teaspoon of salt.
This is a delicious but simple recipe you can make. If you are looking for something a little different, you can easily try this Chocolate Banana Bread to make it even better.
A big thanks to Catalina for sharing these easy banana bread recipes with us. If you are looking for some other easy bread recipes to try, be sure to check these out: