Rigatoni with mustard cream sauce is a simple but flavorful recipe! Make it tonight and everyone will love it!
During times like we are currently experiencing, I find myself turning to comforting recipes over and over. This rigatoni with mustard sauce is one of my current favorites.
This recipe is so versatile and can easily be adapted to just about any short cut style pasta. I used rigatoni because I liked the large noodle shape. However, penne or ziti would work equally as well if that is what you have on hand or prefer.
You can see in the photos that I added meat to mine. Adding protein is a great way to make this extra filling but pasta recipe is super yummy without it. If you want a few ideas on what to toss in, here are some delicious add-ins:
- Shredded pork tenderloin
- Chopped or shredded chicken breast
- Canned tuna
- Extra firm tofu
If you love this recipe for rigatoni with mustard sauce, be sure to try these other tasty pasta recipes:
- Roasted Asparagus Carbonara
- One Pot Bruschetta Pasta
- Easy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Sausage Parmesan Pasta with Broccolini
- Quick Creamy Cajun Pasta
If you make this recipe for pasta with cream sauce or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram and Twitter.
- 1 box rigatoni pasta
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh Parmesan
- Fresh basil
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat. Add 1 tsp salt and pasta. Cook for 6 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken broth and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in mustard and tarragon and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and cook for 1 minute.
- Add hot pasta to sauce and toss to combine. Cook for an additional minute.