Weeknight dinners don’t have to be boring. In less than 30 minutes, you can have a delicious pot of Easy Lemon Garlic Pasta on the table! Your whole family will appreciate this tasty dish!
It seems like everyone has insane schedules these days! Quick and easy recipes are a key to getting everyone around the dinner table. This easy lemon garlic pasta is packed with flavor in an easy to follow recipe that is ready super fast.
This recipe requires only a few simple ingredients…most of which you already have at the house! Be sure to choose a high quality olive oil and Parmesan since they help make up the bulk of the flavor in this dish.
For this pasta, I use with a spaghetti or angel hair pasta. My kids definitely prefer the super thin texture of the angel hair but I think, overall, the thicker spaghetti is better for the dish. You choose your favorite 🙂
One thing that really helps take the flavor of this dish up a notch is lightly toasting the spices in a little bit of olive oil along with the garlic. Lemon zest for fresh lemons really help give the pasta that citrus punch.
When you are boiling your pasta, be sure to save about 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining the noodles. The starchy water from the pasta will help your sauce come together perfectly and cling to the pasta.
My family loves this recipe and I love how simple and easy it is to make. It is so perfect for a quick weeknight meal and, since it is pasta, it is a great way to feed a crowd too.
If you want to try a lightened up version of this dish, be sure to check out my recipe for easy lemon garlic vegetable noodles. They are have all the great lemon garlic flavor of this recipe but with zucchini noodles in place of traditional poasta.
If you make this easy lemon garlic pasta or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about it! Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
If you enjoyed this Easy Lemon Garlic Pasta recipe, check out these:
- Summer Squash Pasta Salad with Prosciutto
- One Pot Greek Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Easy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- 1 box angel hair or spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups baby spinach torn
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp lemon juice
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp salt and pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and then drain pasta.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add butter to pan and, once melted, add baby spinach, pasta, reserved pasta water and lemon juice. Once spinach begins to wilt, stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.