Life gets busy. Between work, school projects, after-school activities and just all the little chores that come along with being an adult, it can be really tough to get dinner on the table. Trust me…I know! Although it is tough on so many nights of the week, I am passionate about making sure my family gets a home cooked meal as much as possible. With our crazy schedule, it can be tough. But, with recipes like this one pot bruschetta pasta, I can conquer all of life’s must do items and still get a delicious meal on the table. Plus, this recipe only needs one pot so there is less clean up making my to-do list just a little smaller in the process.
I always love having a few quick and easy meals on our menu during the busiest weeks because I know, even if our schedule is crazy, we can totally still enjoy a home cooked meal.
Ingredients for One Pot Bruschetta Pasta:
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup onion, diced
Salt and pepper
4 links sun-dried tomato chicken sausage
2 cups penne
2 cups water
1 jar red pesto
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Let’s Make It:
1. Heat butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in sausage, penne, pesto and water. Reduce heat and cook, covered for 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and top with Parmesan, tomatoes and basil.
Note: I have had a lot of questions about the sausage I use in this recipe. I use a pre-cooked version (like this) but, if you choose to use a raw sausage, I would recommend partially cooking it before adding to this recipe.
This pasta is a huge favorite of everyone in my family. It is full of flavor and so easy to make. I love not having to wait for water to boil to cook my pasta and then still having to make the rest of the meal.
What are your favorite quick and easy meals?
Essential Items for This Recipe:
- 4 links sun-dried tomato chicken sausage
- 2 cups penne
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar red pesto
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once melted, add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.'
- Stir in sausage, pesto, penne and water. Reduce heat and cook, covered for 10 minutes. Stir in broccoli and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and top with Parmesan, tomatoes and basil.