Roasted chickpeas are one of the best snacks! These air fryer roasted chickpeas are tossed in ranch seasoning to give them an extra kick that is perfect for all of your snacking needs.
Trader Joe’s used to sell these amazing ranch roasted chickpeas. Unfortunately, it seems not everyone loved them like I did as they no longer carry them. So, with gaping hole left in my snack drawer, I set out to make my own ranch roasted chickpeas. The result are these air fryer ranch roasted chickpeas that you will want to eat by the handful.
I did a TON of recipe testing for these roasted chickpeas to get them just right. The ultimate combination to get these just perfect does include some oven time. However, that is optional and you can skip it and opt for air drying instead.
First things first though…what is an air fryer?
An air fryer uses circulating hot air to cook foods instead of oil or fats. Think of it as a small convection oven. A lot of recipes still need a little bit of oil on the physical basket of the air fryer to keep the food from sticking but that is about it.
Which air fryer should you buy?
I love my Ninja Air Fryer but here are a few other options that also get great reviews.
- OMORC 6-quart Air Fryer (this one has a cool keep warm function)
- COROSI 5.8 quart Air Fryer
- TidyLife 6.3 quart Air Fryer
One of the key things for this recipe is to make sure chickpeas are dry before tossing them with the ranch seasoning. Otherwise, they don’t crisp as well. They are still super tasty but just not quite as crispy.
You could easily change up the flavor of these air fryer chickpeas and choose your favorite seasonings. The cooking process will not change a bit provided you are using a dry seasoning. If you want to do just plain sea salt, I recommend seasoning them roasted chickpeas after they are done cooking though.
If you love this recipe for air fryer roasted chickpeas, be sure to try these other great snack recipes:
- Chai Spiced Pecans
- Ten Minute Easy Glazed Nut Mix
- Sriracha Chex Mix
- Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- Olive oil or avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread drained chickpeas onto prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes; shaking occasionally.
- Remove from oven and toss chickpeas with ranch seasoning.
- Spray basket of air fryer with olive oil or avocado oil. Add chickpeas.
- Cook chickpeas at 380 degrees for 12 minutes; shaking the basket every 4 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer basket and spread in single layer to let cool completely.
- If you want to skip the oven step, let the chickpeas air dry on paper towels for about an hour.
- Ensure chickpeas are dry before adding seasoning.