Fall apples get turned into the perfect fall dessert with this recipe for bourbon apple blondies. With just a touch of bourbon, these blondies be requested over and over once you share them with anyone.
Fall for a lot of people means apple picking…especially around my area. We have tons of orchards to go pick your own apples. Of course, after all that apple picking, you need something to DO with all those apples. Bourbon apple blondies are a perfect option when you are craving yummy fall desserts!
Simple dessert bars are a great option but sometimes I crave something with a bit more flare. That is why I love this blond variation speckled with butterscotch chips and apples and flavored with bourbon vanilla.
Thsee apple brownies are just as easy as classic brownies, but perfect for those days you want to serve a common dessert with twist. You can easily create the flavors of caramel apple in a bar! And who doesn’t love finding new fall baking recipes?!
The most time-consuming aspect of this recipe is cutting and cooking the apple. After that, it is really a matter of combining all the ingredients into one rich concoction and spreading it into the pan.
Remember to closely follow directions and not over-stir so the bars will be moist and soft. Just fold the ingredients for these apple brownies together and stir until just mixed together.
If you like these bourbon apple brownies, be sure to check out these other great fall dessert options:
- Chocolate Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pecan Pie Bars
- Caramel Apple Donut Fries
- Gruyere Apple Butter Crescents
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp salted butter, divided
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 large apple, cut into ¼ inch chunks (Optional: peeled...I do half and half)
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp brown sugar and apple pieces. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until apples begin to soften. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, melt remaining ½ cup butter. Stir in remaining 1 cup brown sugar.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- Working in batches, stir in flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in butterscotch chips and cooled apples. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until bars are set. Let cool completely before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 44mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g