This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Easy weeknight dinners that are packed with flavor are totally my jam! Try this southwest chicken with deconstructed guacamole for a meal that is super easy and tastes amazing.
We are big chicken eaters in our household, but it is so easy to get into a rut where we make the same chicken dishes over and over again. While they are delicious, I like to change it up and add in new flavors or new recipes whenever I can. This southwest chicken is a perfect way to shake up your chicken dinner routine.
The recipe starts with a few basic ingredients like chicken, bacon, spices and ingredients for the guacamole.
Then, we take everything next level by adding Sargento® BlendsTM 4 Cheese Southwest Slices to the ingredient list. I find mine in the dairy aisle at my local Harris Teeter. Sargento Slices are 100% Real, Natural Cheese. The 4 Cheese Southwest Slices are a mix of soft, creamy Monterey Jack cheese blends with Chipotle Cheddar, Colby, and Pepper Jack cheeses.
Of course, there are several other fantastic varieties, like Sargento® Ultra Thin® provolone slices and Sargento® Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese, that are perfect for all of your recipes. Click here to get a money saving coupon for Sargento Slices when you shop at Harris Teeter between 8/28/19 and 9/24/19.
The deconstructed guacamole in this recipe is a fantastic addition and is whipped up while the chicken cooks. It adds a great acidity and additional freshness to the dish.
But what is deconstructed guacamole? It is exactly what it sounds like: all of the ingredients in guacamole tossed together and mashed up together. Super simple to make and so flavorful.
Combining chicken, bacon, the Sargento Slices with a deconstructed guacamole gives you a restaurant worthy meal right in the comfort of your own home. Plus, it is so easy to make that you can make it any day of the week without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Looking for other great recipes to use Sargento Slices? You should try these great ideas:
- Pesto Hearts of Palm Grilled Cheese
- BBQ Bacon Chicken Burger
- Cheesy Taco Burger
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
Also be sure to visit the Sargento website for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
IIf you make this southwest chicken with deconstructed guacamole, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram and Twitter.
- 6 chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 6 slices Sargento Blends Southwest Cheese
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, combine avocado, red onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once chicken is cooked through, top with bacon and and cheese slices. Let cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from pan.
- Serve chicken topped with deconstructed guacamole.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g