At SunTrust Mortgage, we make it a priority to learn all about your unique circumstances. Confidence starts with a conversation.
This post was sponsored, and paid for, by SunTrust Mortgage. All opinions are my own.
When we were shopping for a new home to upgrade from our townhouse, we started with a list of must haves. Finding a home that met our needs was super important so having that list was invaluable. One of my top must haves was either a pre-existing deck or space to add a deck. We love grilling things like BBQ bacon chicken burgers and then sitting outside to eat dinner after all the grilling is complete.
During our search, I definitely envisioned buying a home whose backyard was already complete with an outdoor space that included a deck or patio. It was really difficult to envision what it would look like (and how we would pay for) something that we had to do after purchasing a home. We found a fantastic home in a wonderful neighborhood but it had no deck or patio in the backyard. The home had everything else on our list so we decided it made more sense to stray from our list just a little to get a home we loved. At the time, I wish I had found something as helpful as SunTrust Mortgage‘s Your Guide to Home Buying to help me navigate the process from start to finish. We made it through our purchase and now, we have a deck that we designed and it is so perfect for our family and for all the times we want to grill up some burgers.
Ingredients for BBQ Bacon Chicken Burgers:
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
8 sliced bacon, cooked
4 slices pepperjack cheese
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 pineapple rings (optional)
Let’s Make It:
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Mix to combine and form into 4 burgers.
2. Heat grill to medium. Brush each burger with oil and place on hot grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
3. Spread BBQ sauce on top and bottom pieces of hamburger bun. Place burger on bun and top with cheese, bacon and pineapple ring. Place hamburger bun on top and enjoy!
Taking that leap of faith and straying from our list has proven to be well worth it. If you are in the market for a new home, it definitely helps to make a list but also be willing to be flexible is important. SunTrust Mortgage offers Your Guide to Home Buying which is filled with great tips on what to look for, how to plan your purchase and so many other things. It makes home shopping as easy as following a recipe.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 sliced bacon, cooked
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 pineapple rings (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Mix to combine and form into 4 burgers.
- Heat grill to medium. Brush each burger with oil and place on hot grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Spread BBQ sauce on top and bottom pieces of hamburger bun. Place burger on bun and top with cheese, bacon and pineapple ring. Place hamburger bun on top and enjoy!