This post has been sponsored by Campbell’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This creamy chicken marsala casserole is destined to be the new family favorite in your home. Perfect for weeknights, date nights, or just about any night, you can’t go wrong when you make this easy chicken marsala casserole.
Chicken marsala is one of my absolute favorite recipes. There is something about all of the flavors together that is just irresistible. For this recipe, I used Campbell’s® Condensed Soups as part of my chicken marsala ingredients to make this casserole extra creamy and totally delicious.
What are the classic chicken marsala ingredients?
Typically, chicken marsala ingredients include:
- Chicken breasts
- Shallots or onion
- Marsala wine
- Heavy cream
For this recipe, we’ve changed it up a bit to make the recipe super easy and to include pasta in the dish versus being on the side. In place of heavy cream, I’ve added Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken and Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom soups.
Campbell’s Condensed are a great, versatile recipe starter that can be used in a ton of ways. Be sure to visit CampbellsKitchen.com for more great recipe ideas!
Don’t worry about the changes to the classic recipe ingredients, though! You still get all that delicious, earthy mushroom taste along with the creaminess of the original.
This pasta casserole is all about being easy and simple to make. I used leftover rotisserie chicken to make it even faster, but you can easily cook cut-up chicken pieces and use them in this recipe instead. You would just want to cook the chicken prior to cooking down the onion and mushrooms.
This creamy chicken marsala is so versatile too! Some great ways to change this up while still getting that yummy chicken marsala flavor include:
- Change up the pasta shape to include any short cut pasta that you like (think ziti, penne, etc.).
- Replace the pasta with your favorite low-carb option (butternut squash noodles would work great here).
- Swap out the Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken soup for a second Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup for more mushroom flavor.
- Add in small broccoli florets, asparagus pieces, or chopped spinach for some vegetables.
Now, I know I refer to this as a casserole but all the photos show it in a pan. If you have an oven-proof skillet like this, you can easily just do the baking portion right in the skillet versus transferring to another dish. After all, less dishes to wash is always better.
I have frequently made this and portioned half into a separate container to freeze and bake later. Just do that step prior to baking the casserole. Although, I find my family loves this chicken marsala casserole so much that I get lots of requests for seconds.
If you love this recipe for creamy chicken marsala casserole, be sure to check out these other great recipes that would be perfect for using Campbell’s Condensed Soups.
- Tater Tot Casserole
- The Best Green Bean Casserole
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Baked Pork Chops with Mushroom Soup
If you make this chicken marsala casserole recipe or any other recipe from the blog, I would love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 10oz can Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 10oz can Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions but reducing cooking time to 5 minutes.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minute. Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in Marsala wine, chiken broth, and Campbell’s Condensed soups. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Stir pasta and chicken into skillet.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and panko crumbs. Sprinkle on top of pasta.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and casserole is heated through.