This post has been sponsored by Pinnacle Foods. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Breakfast sausage roll-ups are the perfect breakfast for everyone in the family. Combining breakfast sausage, puff pastry, and pancake syrup for this delicious recipe has everyone reaching for more.
When I was a kid, I used to love to dip my sausage into the pancake syrup on the table. There was something about that flavor combination that I couldn’t get enough of. That childhood memory is the inspiration for these breakfast sausage roll-ups which combine sausage links, puff pastry and Log Cabin® Original Syrup.
I came up with the idea to add these to our morning breakfast menu while shopping in the cereal, pancake, and breakfast aisle at my local Giant store. That is where you will find Log Cabin Original Syrup.
From drizzling on top of pancakes to using in other recipes, Log Cabin Original Syrup is a delicious and affordable addition to your pantry. Plus, between 3/6/19- 3/14/19 (offer expires 3/22/19), you can save $1 on any TWO Mrs. Butterworth’s® or Log Cabin® 24oz Syrup digital coupon (+ look out for additional in-store savings) at your local Giant store!
I use puff pastry that is brushed with Log Cabin Original Syrup to create the roll-up part of these breakfast sausage roll-ups. If you prefer, you can use crescent dough or, for a faster option, roll the sausage in pancakes that have already been cooked.
To really get that pancake syrup flavor into this recipe, I also cooked the sausage links in Log Cabin Original Syrup. It makes them extra delicious.
These breakfast sausage roll-ups are great on the go, too. My family can grab them on the way out the door and enjoy them on the trip to work or school, making them the perfect option for busy families. Or you can pair them with cereal or anything else that is normally on the breakfast menu.
From busy weekday morning breakfast to leisurely Sunday brunch, you can’t go wrong with shopping at your local Giant store for Log Cabin Original Syrup and all the other ingredients you need to make these breakfast sausage roll-ups.
If you make these breakfast sausage roll-ups or any recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram and Twitter.
- 12 links breakfast sausage
- 1 cup Log Cabin® Original Syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Set aside 2 Tbsp of Log Cabin Original Syrup.
- Add remaining syrup to medium sized skillet. Whisk in water and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage links and cook, rotating occasionally for 5-7 minutes.
- Roll out thawed puff pastry dough into large rectangle. Cut into 12 strips. Wrap each strip around cooked sausage links and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops of puff pastry with reserved Log Cabin Original Syrup.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned.