You guys…it is Paleo Monday! For me that it is totally a thing as I reset after my free eating weekends and get back on track for my week of paleo eats. Today, I am sharing with you one of my current snack obsessions. This paleo avocado toast is so amazingly good that you are going to want to devour it even if you aren’t following the paleo guidelines for food. So, maybe we should just call this the best snack…ever.
Back before I started eating more in line with Paleo guidelines, I used to love avocado toast for breakfast in the mornings. Sometimes I would top it with an over easy egg and others just some cheese. I still love my smashed avocados but wanted to make it a little more like my toast of the past. The result: you already know I am going to say the.best.snack/breakfast.ever! I call this toast even though it doesn’t actually have in bread. The prosciutto is toasted in the oven to the perfect degree of crispness so the name still fits.
Paleo Avocado Toast Ingredients:
4 slices prosciutto
2 eggs, hard boiled
salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place prosciutto on parchment paper and bake, in preheated oven, for 7-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
3) Scoop avocado into small bowl and mash with salt and pepper. Spoon on top of cooled prosciutto pieces. Top with diced, hard boiled egg.
This recipe is so easy but so good! You can even crisp the prosciutto ahead of time and just have it around for whenever you want to throw this together. These make the perfect snack or, for me, breakfast! The only problems I ever have are making sure that we have avocados in our house because my four year old is obsessed!
What are some of your favorite snacks? Have you tried to lighten up some of your favorite meals to fit into healthier eating habits?
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place prosciutto on parchment paper and bake, in preheated oven, for 7-10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Scoop avocado into small bowl and mash with salt and pepper. Spoon on top of cooled prosciutto pieces. Top with diced, hard boiled egg.