Hey Just Us Four Readers! I’m back from Domestic Superhero with another dessert recipe! Last month I shared that Slow Cooker Lava Cake with you, and let me just say, if you haven’t made it yet, do it now! It’s amazing. This recipe for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is equally delicious.
I love this bread because it could be dessert or breakfast. It is packed with zucchini, but you would never know it while you are eating it. This is perfect for those little picky eaters who refuse to touch anything green! This bread is also pretty healthy because I used olive oil and yogurt instead of some of the more fatty ingredients. This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a total win!
Like I said, you can eat this delicious Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread for breakfast or dessert. I am going with dessert mainly, because it’s hard to justify eating so much chocolate for breakfast, but I really think this is one instance where you could, because it really is pretty healthy. Not gonna lie, if my 4 year old asked me for a piece for breakfast, I wouldn’t hesitate…I am just happy is he eats anything to be honest.
I think this recipe is best for spring and summer, because that’s when zucchini is in season and you can either grow it yourself, or you can find really great prices at the grocery store on it. I used to grow zucchinis when I lived in California, and they would get HUGE, like massive! I am not exaggerating when I say that some were the entire length of my arm. I had more zucchini than I knew what to do with, so I was constantly coming up with new recipes for it, and giving them away, and making more things..it was so. much. zucchini. Anyway, just make this – you will love it!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated and squeezed/drained zucchini
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips for bread,
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (8.5x4.5) loaf pans, or 4 mini loaf pans, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar until completely mixed. Add olive oil, vanilla, and yogurt; mix until completely combined. Add cocoa powder and mix carefully.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, salt, and baking powder. Sift mixture into the wet ingredient mixture; mix until JUST combined - do not overmix.
- Add zucchini and mix until just coated with mixture. Sprinkle a little flour over the 3/4 cup chocolate chips, then pour into mixture and fold to combine - do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pans; top each with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 65 minutes (if using the large load pans, 45 minutes for the mini), test with toothpick. When toothpick comes out free of batter (you might see chocolate chips on it though), your bread is done. Allow to cook a few minutes, remove and let cool on a wire rack.
Have you seen my other recipes on Just Us Four? Check them out here:
Thanks for visiting!