Everyone will be begging for seconds when you make this super easy, crowd-pleasing one pot pizza pasta.
There is a conversation that happens all the time in our house when it comes time for dinner. If I am running behind or just don’t feel like sticking to my meal plan, I’ll make the mistake and say “what do you all want for dinner?” The inevitable answer is pizza from one half of my family and pasta from another half. So, to solve the problem in my household, I make one pot pizza pasta and meet in the middle.
The most wonderful thing about a one pot meal is how few dishes there are to do after is done. With a traditional pasta dish, you have at least two pots to clean plus whatever dishes you eat on. Not this one…this one is one and done.
Our family’s favorite pizza is pepperoni so I used those flavors as the inspiration for this one pot pasta recipe. You can easily add other ingredients too like mushrooms, bell peppers, sausage, or meatballs.
I chose rigatoni for the pasta in this pizza pasta recipe because I like how the sauce clings to the ridges on the pasta. Any short cut pasta will do though so feel free to substitute it with penne, ziti, or your favorite pasta.
I like to top this pasta dish with a little grated Parmesan but my family always adds more mozzarella to theirs. Just like pizza, everyone likes to customize it just a little bit.
This pasta dish is the perfect compromise for the pizza crowd. Everyone at our table asked for seconds!
If you love this recipe for one pot pizza pasta, be sure to try these other easy one pot recipes:
- One Pot Taco Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Greek Chicken Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke One Pot Pasta
- Queso One Pot Pasta
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
If you make this one pot pizza pasta recipe, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups water or broth
- 2 cups marinara pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic powder and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in pasta, water, pasta sauce and pepperoni. Bring a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Top with shredded cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 838mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g