These gyro inspired air fryer meatballs are a quick and easy option for dinner or meal prep! Just mix and cook. Then, combine them with your favorite sides for a yummy meal.
For Christmas this year, I introduced my dad to the wonderful work of cooking with an air fryer. We’ve been using our air fryer to cook tons of things since early fall and now he is in love with it too. One of my favorite things to cook in mine is all kind of meatballs. Right now, these gyro inspired air fryer meatballs are our favorite.
First, let’s start off with the most important question:
What is an air fryer and how does an air fryer cook?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that is essentially a downsized version of a convection oven. It cooks food by circulating hot air around the food at a high speed. In addition to cooking the food, it produces a thin, crispy layer during the cooking process.
What should I cook in my air fryer?
We cook lots of things in ours but here are a few suggestions.
- Chicken Nuggets – Refrigerated nuggets cook in just 5 minutes.
- French Fries
- Cauliflower Gnocchi
Meatballs are also super delicious in the air fryer and we make them all the time with different meat and spice combinations.
This gyro inspired version is gluten free and perfect for a Whole30 or paleo eating journey. The meatballs go great with mashed cauliflower and roasted broccoli for an easy meal. I use this recipe for meal prep and make lunches for us to enjoy throughout the week.
I also like to combine these gyro meatballs with tzatziki sauce. The flavors go great together!
If you love this recipe for gyro inspired meatballs, be sure to try these other great meatball recipes:
- Garlic Butter Chicken Meatballs
- Spicy Raspberry Party Meatballs
- Bang Bang Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Cranberry Meatballs
If you make these gyro inspired air fryer meatballs or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram and Twitter.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp gyro seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat avocado oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add bell pepper, zucchini, and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in spices and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and cooked vegetables. Mix well with hands. Using a meatball scooper, form mixture into balls.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray). Place meatballs into basket (see note below).
- Cook meatballs at 370 degrees for 12 minutes. Check for doneness and, if necessary, cook for another 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the meatballs in two batches.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g