Spicy raspberry party meatballs are an amazing meatball appetizer recipe that is so easy because they cook in the slow cooker while you take care of all the other event prep.
I love crockpot meatball appetizers because they free up my time to make other food, clean up the house, and finish up party prep while one of the most popular party foods cooks away. These easy crockpot meatballs have a spicy sweet sauce that is so delicious too.
A meatball appetizer recipe is also perfect for making frozen meatballs in the crockpot. You can easily use your favorite homemade meatball recipe to but I love being able to grab frozen meatballs at the store for easy party prep.
These crockpot appetizer meatballs have the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Plus, you can’t beat the sticky glaze that forms on them adding so much flavor with just a few ingredients.
If you want to change up the flavor profile slightly, you can easily replace the raspberry preserves with something like cranberry sauce or even grape jelly. Just make sure you keep that ingredient the same consistency as a jelly or preserve.
If you like these spicy raspberry party meatballs, be sure to try these other great meatball appetizers:
- Caprese Meatball Skewers
- Bang Bang Chicken Meatballs
- Pineapple Teriyaki Meatballs
- Cherry Cola Jalapeno Meatballs
- Beer Can Chicken Meatballs
If you try this recipe for spicy raspberry party meatballs or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram and Twitter.
- 24 cocktail meatballs
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves (seedless preferred)
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine preserves, jelly, vinegar, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and ginger. Turn slow cooker to high and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to jelly mixture, stirring to coat. Cook in slow cooker for 2-3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions if desired.
- I use frozen meatballs for this recipe. You can use fresh or homemade. Just reduce the cooking time.
- You can also make these on the stove by combining the ingredients in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until the jelly mixture is liquid. Add meatballs and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are heated through.
Serving Size:2 meatballs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 391mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g