I am excited to partner with Smithfield to bring you this easy calzone recipe. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
A ham, egg and cheese breakfast calzone is an easy breakfast option that tastes great! Reach for one at the kitchen table or on the way out the door for a perfect breakfast any morning.
Breakfast on busy mornings doesn’t have to be complicated. Use this easy calzone recipe to make a ham, egg and cheese breakfast calzone that everyone is going to love!
This homemade calzone recipe starts with Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham to make the recipe even easier to make. Smithfield Anytime Favorites comes in pre-diced, cubed or sliced varieties allowing you to have savory hickory smoked ham without the time it takes to prepare a full ham.
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to make a calzone! This recipe is so easy and starts with pizza dough to make a homemade calzone at home super easy. Once you cut the pizza dough into quarters, it is all about layering in the ingredients: cheese, Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham and scrambled eggs.
Breakfast is powerful stuff and there is certainly a reason why it is called “the most important meal of the day.” Some important facts about breakfast and performance:
- Students who have a wholesome breakfast are more likely to attend school.
- A wholesome breakfast has been shown in studies to help improve performance on standardized tests.
- For kids that skipped breakfast, 76% of teachers see poor academic performance.
- One in six American children are struggling with hunger and are, therefore, seeing impacts to their education.
In addition to the great taste and conveinence of Smithfield breakfast options, I choose them because of their partnership with No Kid Hungry for a second year in a row. Plus, they are doubling their donation from last year to two million meals to support the organization’s in-school breakfast programs.
You can easily change up the ingredients for this homemade calzone. Some other great flavor combinations include:
- Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham, egg, and cheddar
- Smithfield Bacon, egg and Swiss
- Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham, avocado, and pepper jack
- Smithfield Fully Cooked Sausage, egg and gravy
Whatever flavor combination you pick, as you prep to send the kids back to school, be sure to consider each of Smithfield’s breakfast portfolio products available at your local grocery store. They will give kids the protein boost needed in the morning to kick start the day and provide energy to last until lunch while also helping No Kid Hungry.
If you like this easy calzone recipe, be sure to check out these other great breakfast recipes that are perfect for jump starting the day:
- Ham, Potato and Spinach Pie
- Savory Breakfast Monkey Bread
- Sausage Crescent Rolls
- Southern Biscuits with Ham
If you make this easy calzone recipe or any Smithfield breakfast, share it on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #BreakfastPower to encourage other to get involved and help Smithfield provide 2 million meals to kids in need.
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese divided
- 1 package Smithfield Anytime Favorites Cubed Ham
- 4 eggs scrambled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed backing sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll our pizza dough into large rectangle. Cut into four equal pieces. Transfer to baking sheet.
Layer cheese, ham and eggs onto each piece of pizza dough. Fold into triangle and press sides closed. Repeat for all 4 pieces of dough.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until calzones are lightly browned on top. Remove from oven.
- These can be assembled and then frozen. Thaw before baking.
- Filling options are endless for these breakfast calzones.
This post is sponsored by Smithfield. All thoughts and opinions 100% mine.