I am so excited to partner with Cans Get You Cooking to bring you this delicious coconut mango chicken recipe. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Everyone needs a super flavorful easy dinner recipe, like coconut mango chicken, that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Add this to your list of good chicken recipes that you know everyone will love.
Coconut mango chicken is a simple skillet chicken recipe that makes great use of canned food items that are essential for a well stocked pantry. Using a combination of canned items and few fresh items, you can create a fabulously tasty dinner recipe in less than 30 minutes.
Cooking with canned foods has so many benefits from nutrition to saving you time in the kitchen (one of my favorites is one pot queso pasta). A few great points to remember are:
- Canned food help cut down on prep time saving you time in the kitchen
- Kids and adults who use six or more canned foods per week are more likely to have diets higher in 17 essential nutrients, including potassium, calcium and fiber
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are harvested at the peak of freshness and then canned within only 4 hours to seal in nutrition and flavor
- A well stocked pantry helps you serve up the recommended 42 cups of fruit and 53 cups of vegetables a family of four needs every week
- Canned foods help provide year-round access to seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Canned foods help reduce waste by limiting how much fresh produce gets purchased and thrown away because it goes unused
My family loves chicken so finding good chicken recipes is always essential to keeping my family enjoying our family dinners. But, when I am pressed for time, I turn to skillet chicken recipes that incorporate a host of canned fruits, vegetables and meats to make the recipes come together in a snap.
For this coconut mango chicken recipe, I combine canned chicken, beans, tomatoes, mango and coconut milk with the delicious flavors of curry and chili powder. The coconut milk offers a great creaminess to the recipe and helps temper the spice a little too.
The result is a flavorful dish that everyone will be begging you to make week after week for dinner. Add some cashews and cilantro on top and you have a restaurant worthy dish made right in your kitchen.
Cans Get You Cooking is a movement to help provide inspiration for ways to use canned foods and great items to add to your “cantry.” You can visit them on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to get learn more.
If you love this coconut mango chicken skillet recipe, be sure to check out these other good chicken recipes featuring canned food items:
- Basque Chicken
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Bowls
- Tex Mex Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
If you make this coconut mango chicken skillet or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen and #CansGetYouCooking on Instagram or Twitter.
A coconut mango chicken skillet is a delicious, 30 minute meal that is so easy to make.
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 can navy beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 can chunk white meat chicken
- 1 cup canned mango drained
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in chili powder and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute.
Stir in navy beans, coconut milk, and tomatoes. Season with salt. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in rice and chicken. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heat through.
Remove from heat and stir in mango. Top with chopped cashews and cilantro.