I am thrilled to partner with Vintage Charm™ Inspired by Pyrex® to share this easy holiday cookie recipe with you. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinons are my own.
It is baking season! I get so excited once the holidays hit because my kitchen is always busy with some kind of cooking or baking going on. Right now, we are baking red velvet cake mix cookies for the upcoming Girl Scout bake sale my daughter is participating in. They are raising money to buy clothes and toys for children in our area that are in need. Since it is her Girl Scout troop, I always let her come up with what are going to make and she loves how easy cake mix cookies are to make.
When you spend as much time in the kitchen as I do, you definitely need great tools to help your cooking or baking go smoothly. One of the most important tools are mixing bowls. I love having a variety of mixing bowls in the house. Since I use them so often, I also want them to look great too. I have totally fallen in love with my new set of Vintage Charm™ Inspired by Pyrex® mixing bowls.
The set comes with three bowls that nest into each other and are inspired by the beloved designs of Pyrex® opal glass bowls from the 50’s and 60’s. They are perfect for tons of different kitchen uses. I am also picking up a few sets to give as gifts this holiday season. I can just picture them tied up in a bow with a cookie mix inside.
The set was perfect for the red velvet cake mix cookies we made because I could use one for the M&Ms, one for the frosting, and the final one for mixing up the cookies!
Ingredients for Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies:
1 box red velvet cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Red & Green M&Ms
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp milk
Let’s Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until combined. Stir in M&Ms. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. For frosting: Beat butter until smooth. Working in batches, mix in powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until frosting is desired consistency. Spread on cooled cookies and top with additional M&Ms or sprinkles if desired.
I am so excited about these cookies and hope they will be at hit at the bake sale. I know we will definitely be making them again!
You can find this perfect bowl set from Vintage Charm at Macys, Target, Walmart.com, Amazon or ShopWorldKitchen.com. ShopWorldKitchen.com is offering a 20% off discount on Vintage Charm Inspired by Pyrex products through December 31st with the code VINTAGE20.
Vintage Charm is also giving away a set of the Inspired by Pyrex bowls to one lucky winner. To enter, check out all the patterns at VintageEntertaining.com and leave a comment telling us which pattern is your favorite. Then, be sure to fill out the rafflecopter form below to finish your entry!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Red & Green M&Ms
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until combined. Stir in M&Ms. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For frosting: Beat butter until smooth. Working in batches, mix in powdered sugar. Add milk 1 Tbsp at a time until frosting is desired consistency. Spread on cooled cookies and top with additional M&Ms or sprinkles if desired.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vintage Charm™ Inspired by Pyrex®.