My daughter has started watching all the youtube videos about baking. It is a girl and her mom baking these ridiculous cakes but she loves it. I love that it has inspired her to want to spend more time in the kitchen. When she asked to bake something recently, I was already brainstorming ideas for the Cooking for the Cure blog hop to raise awareness for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Of course, pink is the signature color for Breast Cancer Awareness so we decided to make strawberry Oreo cake mix cookies.
These cake mix cookies are the perfect thing to get little hands involved with in the kitchen. They require only a few ingredients and cook quickly too making the reward super fast. Of course, being strawberry, they are also perfectly pink to remind us that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. So many people are affected by breast cancer every single day and we still work to find a cure. I used our baking time to explain the significance of the color pink during the month of October to my daughter.
Ingredients for Strawberry Oreo Cake Mix Cookies:
1 box strawberry cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
12 Oreos, crushed into pieces
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil. Stir until dough forms. Stir in Oreo pieces. Drop by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Be sure to visit all these other amazing pink recipes!
Strawberries & Cream Pastries by Domestic Superhero / Drink Pink Mocktail by Love Bakes Good Cakes / Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Like Mother, Like Daughter / No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake by Sugar & Soul / Cranberry Raspberry Punch by Carlsbad Cravings / Pink Rock Candy Fudge by Kleinworth & Co. / Raspberry Sorbet by Food, Folks, Fun / Pretty Pink Chambord Frosting by Who Needs A Cape? / Lightened up Pink Vodka Sauce by A Dish of Daily Life / Strawberry Oreo Cake Mix Cookies by Just Us Four / Prickly Pear Soda Floats by Club Narwhal / Cherry Pie Scones by The Bitter Side of Sweet / Pink Fluff Dip by Mamal Diane / Pretty Pink Raspberry Vanilla Mini Cakes by Liv for Cake / Pink Pop Tarts by Life Currents / Strawberry Cheesecake Dip by The Love Nerds / Glazed Cherry Buttermilk Scones by Tastes of Lizzy T / Raspberry Vanilla Pink Ombre Bundt Cake by Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt / Berry Bliss by 365(ish) Days of Pinterest / Meringue Cookies by Mamma Loves Food / Cream Puffs with Strawberry Filling by Cooking on the Front Burner / Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies by Culinary Couture / No Bake Pink Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits by Homemade Hooplah / Vanilla Berry Cocktail by Twin Stripe / Snowball Truffles by House of Yumm / Turkish Delight by With a Blast
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 Oreos, crushed into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil. Stir until dough forms. Stir in Oreo pieces. Drop by tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack.