This Southwestern Egg Bake recipe is great for serving to a crowd! Make the most delicious breakfast with just one pan and easy to find ingredients. All you need for this delicious egg bake recipe is potatoes, peppers, onion, eggs, cheese, bacon, and some spices! This Southwestern Egg Bake is sure to be a big hit!
Brunch is by far my favorite meal of the day. Right now, I am loving early football games because then I can combine my love of brunch foods with my love of tailgating/homegating.
Of course, as much as I love brunch, I L-O-V-E bacon. No brunch is complete with out it. Am I right?! Bacon is a primary ingredient in my Southwestern Egg Bake so I bet you are going to love it too.
When choosing a bacon, I always try to look for one that is thick sliced. It makes it great for just about any recipe whether you need whole slices or to crumble it.
This recipe is so great for weekly meal prep. You can make it on Sunday and then enjoy it all week long.
I use diced bell peppers and onions in my southwest egg bake but you can change that up if you prefer. Just be sure to choose vegetables that don’t have a high water content so it doesn’t water down the eggs.
Great times to enjoy this southwestern egg bake:
- Weekend brunch! Invite some friends over and make some pineapple ginger mimosas to go along with the egg bake!
- Mother’s Day! Let mom have the day off and throw together this super easy recipe for her to enjoy.
- Father’s Day! Dad’s LOVE bacon so this is the perfect option for making dad so he feels special on his day.
If you love this egg casserole recipe, check out these:
- TBT: Southwestern Egg Muffins
- Savory Breakfast Monkey Bread
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Cast iron skillet
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups shredded potatoes
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Press shredded potatoes into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared skillet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Sprinkle the bell pepper and onion on top of potatoes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Top with cheese and crumbled bacon.
5. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and slice before serving.