Pulled pork sliders are a game day necessity. These amazing pork sliders get an amazing hit of extra flavor thanks to pimento cheese spread. You have to try them for game day or your next party!
You can find pulled pork sliders at pretty much any tailgate or low key party you go to these days. I love this combination of pimento cheese spread and tender, pulled pork because it creates an incredible slider that is a out of the box and unexpected.
You can easily find pimento cheese spread at most grocery stores (especially in the south) but it is totally easy to make homemade pimento cheese. I love this pimento cheese recipe and it works perfect with these pulled pork sliders.
Pork sliders are so perfect for parties because it is so easy to make them in large quantities. Just lay out the rolls and put everything on top before baking.
You can use pretty much any kind of slider roll or small dinner roll to make these. I am a big fan of super soft ones but I know a lot of people prefer to use Hawaiian rolls.
Another great thing about sliders is that you can make them as involved or as simple as you want. Make homeade pimento cheese and homemade BBQ sauce or just hit the store and buy the items pre-made.
Our local grocery store even has cooked, shredded pork (with and without sauce) you can buy to make it even easier.
When choosing a barbecue sauce for these pulled pork sliders, go with something super saucy but not sweet. I usually use this homemade paleo BBQ sauce.
I top these pimento cheese pulled pork sliders with red onions for a little crunch. Some other great topping options include:
- Mayonnaise based coleslaw
- Vinegar based coleslaw
- Pickle slices
- Apple/pear slaw
- Red Cabbage
I did not include a specific way to cook the pork in this recipe because there are so many options. I typically put mine in the oven on a really low heat for several hours. You could also cook the pork in the instant pot, slow cooker or even on the stove. The goal is to get tender, shreddable meat.
If you love these pimento cheese pulled pork sliders, be sure to check out these other great slider recipes:
- Pizza Sliders
- Cuban Sliders
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Sliders
- Copycat White Castle Sliders
- Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Korean Beef Sliders
- 3 cups cooked, shredded pork
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup pimento cheese spread
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 12 slider bunsh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded pork and BBQ sauce. Mix well.
- Cut slider buns in half. Place bottoms on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread pimento cheese spread onto slider buns. Top with shredded pork and red onion slices.
- Place slider bun tops on top and bake for 10-15 minutes in preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175