Chocolate mint brownies combine the two best dessert flavors into one fudgy bar. Once you try these, you will never go back to boxed brownies again.
Chocolate and mint are two quentessential flavors that are just made for each. After I made chocolate peppermint cake mix cookies, I was totally craving some more chocolate desserts with mint flavor. These chocolate mint brownies are the perfect fudgy brownie with just the right touch of mint.
Homemade brownies are so easy and really taste 1000 times better than a boxed mix too. These use olive oil in place of traditional vegetable oil for a unique flavor.
I usually use a combination of dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate for these and then add in mint chocolate chips and peppermint patties. Sometimes, I trade the dark chocolate for a dark chocolate mint bar.
When making these, you will put half of the brownie batter into the baking dish.
Then, top it with chopped peppermint patties
Then, top those with the remaining brownie batter.
Once these are done, let them cool before cutting (I know the wait will be brutal) and then cut them into squares.
These mint brownies are so incredibly fudgy and have the best combination rich chocolate flavor and fresh mint. They are so perfect for the holidays, bake sales or just when you are craving a brownie.
If you like these fudgy mint chocolate brownies, be sure to try these other amazing homemade brownie recipes:
- Better than Boxed Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies
- Homemade Cosmic Brownies
Essential Items for this Recipe:
- Mixing Bowls
- 8×8 Baking Dish
- Parchment Paper
If you make these mint chocolate brownies, I would love to hear about it. Let me know your experience in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
Chocolate Mint Brownies
Mint chocolate brownies are the perfect combination of fudgy, chocolate brownies and fresh mint flavors.
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 4 York peppermint patties, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted chocolate and olive oil. Whisk in the eggs, sugars and vanilla extract. Add flour and salt. Stir until just combined being careful not to over mix. Fold in mint chocolate chips.
- Spread into half of batter into prepared baking pan. Top with peppermint patty pieces. Spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in preheat oven. Toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the middle. Let cool completely before slicing.
Happy Valley Chow says
These brownies look spectacular! Great recipe, perfect for the Holidays 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
Happy Valley Chow recently posted…Mozzarella-Stuffed Sausage and Peppers Burger
These brownies look amazing and I love the personalized label
Marilyn recently posted…Rock-It Oil Stone Giveaway – $2000 to Upgrade your Kitchen!
Darlene Gunes says
Love your recipes please keep putting them up thank you. Darlene
Nellie Tracy says
I’m ruined for all other brownies, these ones are that good!!
What a great idea! Chocolate and mint they are the best combination. Why I did not think about that? Thank you for sharing the great recipe 😀