Party appetizers don’t have to be difficult or super involved. Marinated olives make a perfect appetizer for holiday parties and beyond. Pair them with some cheese and charcuterie and you have the perfect thing to serve for any event.
Whenever we host a party, I always try to have a few super easy appetizers that I can make ahead but that I know will be popular with the crowd. Marinated olives are so perfect for this because they are a ridiculously easy appetizer recipe but also look great on the table.
When making these for our annual holiday party, I like to serve them warm. However, they are perfect at room temperature too.
What kind of olives should you use for this marinated olives recipe?
I use a mix of my favorite olives so there is a ton of flavors there. Whenever possible, I do try to get pitted olives but sometimes my favorites aren’t sold that way.
Keep in mind that the color of the olive indicates the ripeness of the olive so the flavors will be different when they are different colors.
A few olives that I would include:
Whatever olives you choose for this recipe, it will definitely be a huge hit with all of your party attendees. I always place little toothpicks and a bowl next to the olives for easy eating.
If you like this recipe for marinated olives, be sure to check out these other great easy appetizer recipes:
- Mini Caprese Appetizers
- Party Cheese Ball
- BBQ Little Smokies
- Mediterranean Feta Salsa
- Whipped Basil Feta Dip
If you make this marinated olives recipe or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
A delicious and elegant appetizer that is perfect for any party or occasion is no further than a bowl of warm marinted olives.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly slices
- 3 Tbsp orange zest
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Thsp fresh rosemary
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup pitted brined green olives
- 1 cup pitted brined black olives
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until it starts to turn golden brown; about 2 minutes.
- Add orange zest, lemon zest, rosemary, bay leaves and crushed red pepper. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add olives and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve warm or store, covered, for up to one week. Reheat on low heat before serving.
- These marinated olives are best when served warm but room temperature is delicious too.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 755mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Donal Hudspeth says
I am trying the marinated olives!!!
Delicious! Perfect addition to a charcuterie board!
Aimee Shugarman says
These are so great. Added a big bowl to our cheese board!