My grandma is known for making an amazing pineapple coconut cake for all holidays and family events. Today I am sharing this easy and delicious coconut pineapple cake with you!
Nothing beats a tried and true family recipe! In the town I grew up in, my grandma is famous for this coconut pineapple cake. It is so easy to make but everyone will think you slaved in the kitchen all day making this impressive cake.
My grandma makes this cake for every holiday and every family function. If she is invited somewhere, the first question is always “can you make your delicious cake.” I swear this cake is what made my husband decide to marry me because it is that good. The best part is that is super simple to make. There is no way anyone would guess how easy it is or that you started with a boxed cake mix!
This cake is the perfect dessert for BBQs, picnics and pretty much any occasion you can think of. People will literally be falling over each other to get some more. I speak from experience because I’ve seen it firsthand!
What are your favorite cakes? Do you have one a family member is “famous” for making all the time?
If you enjoyed Grandma’s Coconut Pineapple Cake, check out these:
Essential Items for This Recipe:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 10 oz cool whip
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray two 9-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine cake mix and 20 oz of undrained crushed pineapple. Mix on low for 1 minute and then medium for 2 minutes. Divide between prepared pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. Let cool completely.
3. For the frosting, beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in cool whip and drained, crushed pineapple. Spread icing on one cooled cake. Top with second cooled cake and spread icing on top. Sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.