Looking for a way to get more vegetables in a tasty, crispy bite? Look no further than these air fryer broccoli tots which are packed with broccoli and cheese!
I love vegetables but the rest of my family doesn’t quite share that same adoration. So, to get them to eat plenty of green vegetables, I have to make them super tasty. One of our favorite ways is to make them seem like something similar to things they love. In this case, tater tots. These broccoli tots are packed full of broccoli though in place of the traditional potatoes.
These broccoli tots are cooked in the air fryer to make them extra crispy without the use of a much oil. You can bake them in the oven as well if you choose. Either way, you have a super tasty way to eat more green vegetables.
I use fresh broccoli when creating these air fryer tots but you can used thawed frozen broccoli if that is what you have on hand.
To keep these together when they are air fried, I usually pop them into the freezer for 5-10 minutes on a baking sheet. You can leave them for 30 minutes and then transfer them to a ziploc bag and store for up to 2 months. Just pull them out and cook them when you want a few.
I usually serve these broccoli tots with a side of marinara for my family and they love it.
If you love these air fryer broccoli tots, be sure to try these other great recipes that are perfect for adding more vegetables into your diet:
- Broccoli Casserole Bites
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Zoodles
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
- Hidden Vegetable Sloppy Joes
- Cheesy Vegetable Breakfast Casserole
If you try this recipe for air fryer broccoli tots or any recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into large florets
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Steam broccoli florets until very tender. Drain and smash with fork or pulse in food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the smashed broccoli, bread crumbs, Parmesan, and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form broccoli mix into tots and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Lightly spray the basked of the air fryer and place broccoli tots inside. Cook at 370 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
- You can substitute thawed frozen broccoli for the fresh broccoli.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 33mg Sodium: 276mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g