I am excited to partner with Cans Gets You Cooking to bring you this recipe. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Make this creamy tuna noodle casserole for the ultimate in comfort food using easy to find ingredients that might already be in your pantry.
Right now, we all need comfort food recipes more than ever. This creamy tuna noodle casserole is so easy to put together and ready in under 30 minutes. With plenty of vegetables and lots of flavor, it makes the perfect weeknight meal.
Right now, there is so much uncertainty and stress in the world. We find ourselves turning to our favorite comfort food recipes more and more. With the help of a well stocked pantry filled with canned foods, this recipe is super easy to put together.
A well-stocked pantry of canned fruits and vegetables can help you serve up the recommended 42 cups of fruit and 53 cups of vegetables a family of four needs every week. And canned foods can help make eating healthier so much easier as families that use canned produce tend to eat more fruits and vegetables than those that don’t.
Using canned foods in recipes also makes getting meals ready much easier and faster, which leaves more time to spend with family. Using canned foods also helps reduce the amount of perishable fruits and vegetables that get thrown away because they spoil before they can be used.
This recipe is so simple to make but is always a crowd pleaser. My family asks for it at least every other week. They love how creamy it is and I love that it gives them vegetables I don’t have to force them to eat.
If you love this recipe for creamy tuna noodle casserole, be sure to try these other great recipes and see how Cans Get You Cooking.
- Balsamic Chicken Vegetable Skillet
- Coconut Mango Chicken Skillet
- Vegetarian Chili Pasta Bake
- Fire Roasted Taco Soup Two Ways
- Chicken noodle Casserole
If you make this cheesy tuna noodle casserole or any other recipe from the blog, I would love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen and #CansGetsYouCooking on Instagram or Twitter.
Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Tonight's dinner is all about comfort food and it is made easily with the help of a well stocked pantry of canned foods. #CansGetYouCooking
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 or 9-inch round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream of mushroom or celery soup, and cheese. Stir in mixed vegetables, tuna and noodles. Put into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine melted butter and panko crumbs. Spread on top of casserole and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 819mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
Dima Sushko says