Broccoli casserole is an awesome way to get kids (and picky adults) to eat more vegetables. And, it doesn’t get any better than making these mini broccoli casserole bites that even the biggest vegetable skeptic will scarf down.
These little bites combine all the best things of broccoli casserole like fresh broccoli, rice, and, of course, cheese into tiny little bites that are so poppable and delicious. I even had Luna waiting by my side hoping to score one or two.
I use a mini muffin tin to make mine and they come out the perfect size for one bite muffins. This size makes a great party appetizer too! You can use a regular muffin tin but you will need to double the cooking time to make sure they are cooked through.
Not matter what size you makes these broccoli casserole bites, I promise that everyone is going to love them. And you are going to love watching everyone devour their broccoli without complaint.
Essential Items for Mini Broccoli Casserole Bites:
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine rice, broccoli, cheese, and egg. Stir well to combine.
3. Spoon broccoli mixture into prepared muffin pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together panko crumbs and melted butter. Divide among muffin cups.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and set in the middle.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 91kcal Calories from fat 51|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|