For years, we’ve done movie nights on Fridays. It is the best way to end the week. Of course, there are three Ps that are necessary for a successful movie night: plot, pizza and popcorn (dark chocolate sea salt is a sweet favorite). For our most recent movie night, I created taco ranch popcorn for the perfect hit of spice and a little change from our usual movie theater butter version.
Even though we’ve been hosting movie nights for years, they certainly have changed. We always have delicious pizza to eat and a few snacks. But, when the kids were little, they rarely made it through an entire movie and were usually in bed by 8:30pm.
Now, H is usually begging for a second movie once the first one ends so she can stay up a little bit later. No matter what, there is one thing that never changes: everyone asks for seconds of pizza. Our favorite is definitely Red Baron pizza. With several different types of crust options and available toppings, there is always something perfect for anyone who comes to watch the movies.
Once we are done with our pizza, we all grab bowls of popcorn and settle down for our movie.
Taco Ranch Popcorn Ingredients:
1 cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag microwave popcorn
1 tsp popcorn oil
1 Tbsp ranch seasoning
1 Tbsp taco seasoning
Let’s Make It:
1. Add oil to popcorn popper, if using. Once hot, add popcorn kernels and pop. Alternatively, microwave popcorn according to the package directions.
2. In a large bowl, combine hot popcorn with ranch and taco seasonings. Stir to combine.
The popcorn was a total hit. Even the kids loved it. Although, they didn’t eat a lot since they really enjoyed their Red Baron pizza during dinner.
Red Baron pizzas start with the perfect crust that has a satisfying texture and bakes to a delicious golden brown. Topped with a robust sauce containing the right medley of herbs and spices, plus an abundance of delicious cheese. A pizza everyone can enjoy! Visit their website to travel through time and enjoy the Timeless tradition of pizza night, as showcased with traditions, fads and trends from the four decades that Red Baron has been around. Help Red Baron celebrate 40 years by enjoying a family pizza night!
- 1 cup popcorn kernels or 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 1 tsp popcorn oil
- 1 Tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Add oil to popcorn popper, if using. Once hot, add popcorn kernels and pop. Alternatively, microwave popcorn according to the package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine hot popcorn with ranch and taco seasonings. Stir to combine.