Hey Just Us Four readers – it’s Allyson again, from Domestic Superhero, and I am reader to share another mouthwatering recipe with you! These Grilled Lime Coconut Shrimp Foil Packs are easy, healthy, and out of this world delicious! Fire up your grill and get ready!
Since buying our home 3 years ago, we have never had a grill. We don’t grill much, because we are vegetarians, but this summer I felt like we needed one. I love grilled veggies and flatbreads, and I occasionally eat fish too, which is also delicious grilled. I bought a small 2 burner grill and haven’t looked back. We were out to eat a few weeks ago, and I ordered an entrée similar to this one, however it was baked and not grilled. I decided to try my hand at recreating it at home, and boy am I glad I did – it turned out fabulous!
This recipe comes together really easily, but I do highly recommend letting the shrimp marinade for a while. The longer you can let them marinade in the coconut mixture, the more flavor they will absorb. Put the shrimp in marinade the night before, let it sit in the fridge all the following day, then cook them up for dinner – super simple! Then, all you have to do at dinner time is chop your veggies and add the shrimp to the foil packets. You could also prep your veggies ahead of time if you wanted to do that, too. These cook in just a few minutes on the grill and BAM – perfect dinner on your plates!
If you want to serve something alongside these Grilled Lime Coconut Shrimp foil packs, I recommend quinoa or rice. I would literally just dump the packet on top of the rice or quinoa, and eat it like that – super yum! The packet retains a lot of yummy juices from cooking, so make sure to pour all that on the rice or quinoa. Yum yum yum!
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, sliced in half and then into 1/2 inch moons
- 1 summer squash, sliced in half and then into 1/2 inch moons
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen is fine)
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- rice or quinoa for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, add red onion, garlic, coconut, lime juice, 1/3 cup cilantro, olive oil, and soy sauce; process on high speed until everything is chopped and well combined. Place mixture into a zip lock bag, add shrimp, and seal. Toss shrimp to coat with mixture. Place in fridge and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably longer.
- Heat grill over high heat while assembling packets.
- Using 4 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil (at least 12 inches long), lay each out on the counter, then add a fourth of the vegetables (zucchini, squash, and corn) to the center of each sheet. Then add a fourth of the marinated shrimp on top of the vegetables. Bring up sides of foiling and roll over a few times, then press the sides together and roll so the packet is sealed. You want to make sure there is room left in the packet for air to flow around the food.
- Reduce grill heat to medium, then place packets on the grill. Cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Using an oven mit or heatproof mit, grab the packets by the top and gently shake. Place back onto grill and allow to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from grill, carefully open packets (steam will be coming out and it's HOT), and serve over rice or quinoa (or by themselves!).
- Makes 4 packets which are a serving each.
I hope you love these Grilled Lime Coconut Shrimp Foil Packets as much as my family does! Can’t wait to see y’all next month to share another delicious recipe! In the meantime, check out some of my popular recipes over on Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!