Pair your latte with the ultimate sweet treat with this chocolate espresso zucchini bread. So good that you’ll want to make two loaves!
The best mornings come with a cup of coffee and a slice of chocolate espresso zucchini bread. Not only is it super simple to make but it lasts for days (if you can keep from devouring it all at once). Plus, the hint of espresso makes the dark chocolate flavors so much deeper and richer so you won’t even realize you are eating vegetables too!
When I wake up in the morning, I don’t want just any cup of coffee though. I am a creamy latte girl and have totally fallen in love with the De’Longhi Nespresso Lattissima One which makes it easy to make the perfect creamy latte with just one button and one capsule. I can attest that a latte at the push of a button is just what any busy mom needs!
The De’Longhi Nespresso Lattissima One features a one-touch button for coffee and milk lovers to prepare a creamy latte, latte macchiato, cappuccino, warm milk or even a simple espresso or coffee. With the automatich frother, you get long-lasting creamy foam. And with the wide variety of Nespresso pods available, there are a ton of flavor profiles when making the perfect drink. Basically, this machine can make the perfect drink for any taste (and especially any mom)!
I use the De’Longhi Nespresso Lattissima One to create the espresso glaze for this chocolate espresso zucchini bread. Open up one of the pods and add the espresso powder to your bread mix for the ultimate in rich, chocolate flavor.
If you are looking for the perfect gift (especially for mom), this De’Longhi Nespresso Lattissima One is it. It makes visits to the coffee shop almost nonexistent thanks to its ease of use and wide range of Nespresso capsules. You can read even more about here. Also, be sure to visit the De’Longhi website to find out about all their kitchen appliances made with passion and inspired by Italian cuisine, heritage, and family values. You can also save 25% all Nespresso/Lattissima products through 5/14 making it the perfect time to spoil you mom with an amazing gift.
If you love this chocolate espresso zucchini bread, be sure to check out these recipes:
If you make this chocolate espresson zucchini bread or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know if the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of De’Longhi. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chocolate Espresso Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp espresso
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place shredded zucchini on paper towels and squeeze out most (not all) of the moisture. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and espresso powder. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, oil, Greek yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients with dry and mix well. Fold in shredded zucchini. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes. Cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
6. To make glaze: Combine powdered sugar and espresso. Pour over cooled bread.