Hey y’all! It’s me again, Allyson from Domestic Superhero, with a fun recipe for BLT Bruschetta for all of Shannah’s readers!
Now, this recipe was kind of thrown together last minute, and then I started wondering why I didn’t think of it before. I mean, everyone goes crazy over bacon, and this spin on traditional bruschetta is just so easy and tasty! The sauce here is clutch, too, because it really brings all the ingredients together. The juicy tomatoes (Shannah’s favorite!), crispy bacon, and cool lettuce just make this BLT Bruschetta incredibly delicious. Then, you put it on top of a crunchy toasted slice of baguette and dress it with a cool tangy sauce – BAM – the perfect appetizer!
I also love this recipe because I can use fresh tomatoes from my garden! Once mid summer hits, it seems like my tomato plants go insane and I have such an overload of tomatoes. With this recipe, you can use as much or as little as you want. If you are making it for a big crowd, the more tomatoes, the better!
All in all, this recipe is great for summer BBQ’s, potlucks, parties, Bunco…you name it, people are going to love it! It’s fast to throw together, uses fresh ingredients, and is pretty cheap as well. You can buy a baguette and slice it up, or get pre-sliced crostini’s – personally, I like to get the fresh baguette and go from there because I just love fresh bread.
- 1 baguette, sliced into pieces
- olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 romaine heart, chopped thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about 3 cooked slices)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, pepper, and salt; whisk well to combine. Add tomatoes, lettuce, and bacon; carefully fold to coat the ingredients, taking care not to mash them.
- Place mixture into a serving bowl/dish, set aside.
- Lightly brush your bread slices on both sides with olive oil, place into toaster oven and cook until lightly toasted. Remove and serve alongside BLT bruschetta.
I also used the same base of ingredients recently, and put together a Creamy BLT Pasta salad – it was amazing, and also perfect for a BBQ we attended.
Like appetizers as much as I do? Check out these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!