I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy as a Gold Emblem Super Bowl Party Host. I am being sponsored to help lead this campaign, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Over the weekend, some incredible football was played and the two teams going to the Super Bowl this year were set. That means, around the country, tons of people starting planning their Super Bowl parties. I know I definitely kicked my planning into high gear knowing it was just a few weeks away. As I was planning, I was trying to think of the requirements for a great party and thought I would share my 5 must haves for your Super Bowl Party!
1) First and foremost, you need people. That means you need an invitation. I love the idea of making it a little fancier with invitations like these from Style Me Pretty. This one is my absolute favorite though:
2) People come to a party to watch the game, watch the commercials and eat! So, you need to make sure you have lots of yummy food. You might start by checking out this list of 100 Super Bowl party recipes or even this list of Whole 30 friendly Super Bowl party appetizers in case any of your guests are watching what they eat. I always like to make sure I have a bunch of little snacks to go along with any planned appetizers I make. The CVS Gold Emblem brand is one of my favorites because of the great variety and yummy taste of all their items. Gold Emblem is a premier food, beverage and snack line that’s available exclusively at CVS/pharmacy. The line has over 250 products to choose from, such as, nuts, pretzels, chips, popcorn, cookies, and even sparkling water.
3) Decorations: A party certainly isn’t a party if the place isn’t dressed up a little for the theme. There are loads of places to look for decorations or you could consider making your own. I love this football banner and astro turf table runner!
4) Game! While the game is going on, get your guests involved in some other fun game like bingo or even wager a little something and play Super Bowl squares. My friend Kim has an awesome printable for you to host your own Super Bowl squares game this year. Head on over to visit her and download the blank sheets and one with numbers already randomly filled in.
5) At our parties, the kids tend to outnumber the adults. So, I always make sure I have some fun things for the kids to do even if it means turning on a second tv and showing a movie. Something like I Spy would be a great activity to keep them entertained. Here are a few other great ideas.
Ok, are you ready? It is T minus 12 days until game time! Time to start two a days.