Hey, y’all – Allyson from Domestic Superhero here again, and I have another delicious recipe to share with you! These Slow Cooker Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps have only a handful of ingredients, are super healthy, and are a dump and go meal…perfect for anytime and anyone!
Like I said, these are super super easy to make – literally only a handful of ingredients, most of which I bet you have in your fridge and pantry! The great thing about slow cooker meals, is you can put everything in the slow cooker in the morning, set the timer, go to work, and then you have dinner ready when you get home! Sure, you have to shred the chicken in the end, but that takes one minute and you have a healthy fresh meal ready for dinner! I know there are so many times when I am rushing home from work, not knowing what I’m going to cook for dinner, and so I just make a quick stop for take out. Now, once in a while I am fine with doing that, but those take out bills start adding up on your budget and waistline. So, if you can sit down at the beginning of the week or end of the weekend and meal plan for the week to come, you will be so much better off – and this is the perfect recipe to add to your plan!
If I were you, I would even double this recipe, then freeze half for next week or a couple weeks from when you first cook it. It freezes wonderfully, and then all you have to do it take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge the night before you want to eat it. Pick up some lettuce from the store or just eat it plain – however you want works great! You could also serve this over rice or quinoa – super delicious!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces orange marmalade or preserves
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 10-12 lettuce cups - I like romaine or bibb
- non stick spray
- 1. In a small bowl, add orange marmalade, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger; mix together using a fork until well combined.
- 2. Spray slow cooker with non stick spray, then add chicken to the slow cooker. Pour the orange mixture over the top of the chicken and lightly mix to coat.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours on low, or 6 hours on high. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Add back to slow cooker and stir to coat with orange sauce.
- 4. Serve chicken alongside lettuce wraps and sesame seeds and green onions to garnish.
- Serves 6
Like Asian inspired food as much as I do? Check out these other recipes from Domestic Superhero:
Thanks for visiting!