This post first appeared as part of my contributor series over at Sugar Bee Crafts.
Recently, I decided to try my hand at making salsa verde! I was so excited with how it turned out…delicious! It made a lot though so I looked for ways to use it beyond chips and salsa for snacks. I figured why not replace the regular salsa and make salse verde chicken enchiladas!
What You’ll Need:
– 1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
– 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
– 3/4 cup salsa verde
– 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
– 1 package 8-inch tortillas
– 1 cup green enchilada sauce
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1/4 cup green enchilada sauce in the bottom of cooking pan ensuring it covers evenly.
2) In a large bowl, combine chicken, black beans, salsa verde and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Spoon into tortillas (about 1/4 cup per tortillas) and roll closed. Add to prepared cooking dish allowing each enchilada to touch.
3) Spread remaiining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-10 or until cheese is bubbly.
Have you ever substituted salsa verde in place of a more traditional salsa? Do you have a favorite chicken enchilada recipe?
You can find a list of the awesome parties I link up to by visiting here.