I recently partnered with The J.M. Smucker Company to share with you one of their newest products that I am so excited about as a sweets lover and a Girl Scout Mom. While this post was sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
A few years ago, a friend of mine decided to start her own Girl Scout troop. All of the troops in our area were full and had long waitlists and she wanted her daughter to start out as a Daisy. We said yes and it was one of the best decisions. Our troop leader is AMAZING and does so much above and beyond what you expect from a troop leader. In addition to all the badge stuff, she also makes sure to include fun things like an end of the year pool party! I try to help whenever I can so I usually volunteer to bring food and drinks like raspberry mint lemonade.
The idea for the lemonade came after discovering the NEW Pillsbury™ Girl Scout Cookie™ inspired baking mixes. Plus, the instructions are very easy to follow so the girls can make the treats themselves with little oversight from me. With the Pillsbury™ Girl Scout Cookie™ Flavored Baking Mixes, we can enjoy the flavor of some of our favorite cookie flavors year-round while we wait for Girl Scout Cookie season to roll around. Plus, the mixes have no colors, preservatives or artificial flavors!
Pillsbury™ Girl Scout Cookie™ inspired baking mixes come in four varieties:
– Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® Flavored Brownie Mix
– Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® Flavored Cupcake Mix
– Girl Scouts® Caramel & Coconut Flavored Blondie Mix
– Girl Scouts® Caramel & Coconut Flavored Cupcake Mix
I had a chance to try the Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® flavored brownie and cupcake mixes and they are so good. They capture the flavors of a Thin Mints® cookie perfectly.
The girls had tons of fun icing the cupcakes and even added some green sprinkles to some to represent the Girl Scouts® color.
The little hint of mint in the raspberry mint lemonade will go perfectly with these sweet treats for the end of the year pool party we have for our Girl Scout troop.
Raspberry Mint Lemonade Ingredients:
6 oz raspberries
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups water
10-12 mint leaves
Let’s Make It:
1. In a small bowl, muddle the raspberries and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes. Press through a fine sieve into a pitcher and discard the seeds.
2. Lightly crush mint leaves in your hand to release oils. Add to pitcher with raspberries.
3. Add lemon juice and water to pitcher and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve over ice.
Have you tried the NEW Pillsbury™ Girl Scout Cookie™ yet? You can connect with Pillsbury™ on their website, Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram to find out more about these delicious baking mixes that are the perfect way to help satisfy your Girl Scout Cookie™ cravings until cookie season starts again.
- 6 oz raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 10-12 mint leaves
- In a small bowl, muddle the raspberries and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes. Press through a fine sieve into a pitcher and discard the seeds.
- Lightly crush mint leaves in your hand to release oils. Add to pitcher with raspberries.
- Add lemon juice and water to pitcher and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve over ice.