I am thrilled to partner with Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice to bring you this Instant Pot Chicken Biryani recipe. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Instant pot chicken biryani is a super easy way to get a ton of flavor in a fast and easy recipe. Make this recipe any time you are craving a classic Indian dish without needing the take out menu.
This Chicken Biryani recipe makes use of the Instant Pot to produce a flavorful meal super-fast for those busy nights where you need dinner fast. Using Minute Rice makes the dish ready even more quickly so you can sit down for family time faster.
What is Biryani?
Biryani is a classic mixed rice dish that originates in India. It includes many Indian spices, rice, meat, vegetables and/or eggs.
We always get Biryani when we order Indian takeout, but it is also a great dish to try making at home because it is so easy and versatile. This Instant Pot Chicken Biryani combines many of the classic flavors with a modern cooking convenience to make it perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Using Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice in this recipe makes the recipe come together even faster thanks to the rice taking only 5 minutes to cook. Minute Instant Jasmine Rice is precooked and then dried to make it ready faster. However, nothing additional is added but convenience.
When creating this recipe, I chose boneless chicken thighs that get cut into smaller pieces. You can replace this with boneless, skinless chicken breasts if you prefer.
In a traditional Biryani recipe, you would use whole spices in addition to ground spices. Since this recipe focuses on convenience, I’ve swapped out those whole spices for a marinade that really infuses the meat and dish with the flavors without a lot of extra work.
Of course, being a rice dish, the type and quality of rice is key. Minute Instant Jasmine Rice is absolutely perfect for this recipe because it is an aromatic rice that provides the same soft and fluffy texture you want with any rice, without the extended cooking time of traditional Jasmine rice.
If you love this instant pot chicken biryani recipe, be sure to check out these other great recipes that would be perfect for enjoying with Minute Instant Jasmine rice:
- Easy Coconut Curry Chicken
- Greek Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Thai Green Curry Shrimp
- Crispy Chicken and Asparagus
And to learn more about the newest Minute Rice products, delicious recipe ideas and other varieties within the Minute Rice family of products, click here.
If you make this instant pot chicken biryani recipe or any other recipes from the blog, I would love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp fresh, grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup Minute jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup cashew halves
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingreients for the marinade. Stir well to combine. Add chicken thighs and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Turn instant pot to saute mode and add 2 Tbsp ghee. Once melted, added chicken thighs and saute for 3-5 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Add remaining 1Tbsp ghee and, once melted, add onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot and add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, rice, and water. Close pot and secure lid. Cook on high for 4 minutes. Let naturally release for 10 minutes and then manually release pressure.
- Stir well and remove from pot. Top with cilantro, mint, cashews before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 14g