This post is sponsored in conjunction with ChristmasSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
A holiday pavlova dessert makes an absolutely stunning centerpiece for your Christmas dessert table. With this pavlova recipe, you can create a delicious holiday dessert that is as beautiful as it is tasty.
Whenever we go to someone’s home for a party or dinner, I like to take a dessert of some sort as a way to say thank you. During the holidays, a pavlova cake makes a great option!
What is pavlova?
Pavlova is a meringue-based cake named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream.
Making a holiday pavlova cake takes awhile but most of it is hands off time so don’t be intimidated. I was so nervous making this one but it turned out great even on my first try.
Of course, making sure you have high quality ingredients makes a HUGE difference. So, be sure to get a high quality sweetener like Dixie Crystals when making this holiday pavlova recipe.
I made my holiday pavlova in the shape of a wreath to keep with the holiday theme. You could easily make it smaller and just into the shape of a typical cake if you prefer.
Of course, the pomegranate arils and sugared cranberries make this even tastier so don’t forget to sprinkle those on top.
If you love this holiday pavlova dessert, be sure to check out these other great holiday dessert recipes:
If you make this holiday pavlova recipe or any recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about it. Leave me a comment below or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen and #ChristmasSweetsWeek on Instagram or Twitter.
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cool whip or stabalized whipped cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone, softened
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw the outline of a wreath on the parchment paper. Set aside.
- With an electric or stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add in the granulated sugar and whisk for an additional 6 to 7 minutes. The mixture should be stiffy and shiny.
- With the mixer off, add the lemon juice and vanilla extract. Sift the cornstarch into the bowl and turn the mixer back on to whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the meringue onto prepared baking sheet shaping it into the wreath.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and let sit in closed oven overnight.
- Meanwhile, boil together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool for 5 minutes and then combine with cranberries in a bowl. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain liquid from bowl.
- Add remaining sugar to small bowl. Toss cranberries in the sguar and then place on a plate and let dry for one hour.
- In a large bowl, gently fold together the whipped cream and mascarpone. Spoon on top of pavlova. Top with sugared cranberries and pomengranate arils. Decorate with fresh rosemary before serving.
- Once the meringue is removed from the oven, you can cover loosely in plastic wrap for up to 2 days.
Also, be sure to check out these other amazing sweets that are part of ChristmasSweetsWeek!
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cider from The Beard and The Baker
Christmas Punch from Juggling Act Mama
Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate from Eat Move Make
Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from April Golightly
Gingerbread Spice Caramel Latte from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Gingersnap Eggnog Shooter from Seduction In The Kitchen
Glogg from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Hot Buttered Rum from Moore or Less Cooking
Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Mildly Meandering
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Salted Caramel Hot Apple Cider from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Sugar Cookie Cocktail from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
Vanilla & Spice Hot Mulled Wine from The Baking Fairy
Almond Roca from Everyday Eileen
Christmas Cookie Bark from The Mandatory Mooch
Creamy Cheese Fudge from Take Two Tapas
Grinch Fudge from An Affair from the Heart
Milk Chocolate Toffee Fudge from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Reindeer Food Snack Mix from Big Bear’s Wife
Chocolate Mint Cookies from Platter Talk
Dark Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies from With Two Spoons
Gingerbread Bars with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
Gingerbread Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
Holiday Pavlova from My Suburban Kitchen
Hot Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Joulutorttu (Finnish Christmas Tarts) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
Merry and Bright Marshmallow Filled Christmas Cupcakes from Lady Behind the Curtain
Minty Grinch Dip from Who Needs A Cape?
Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies from Blogghetti
Pecan Pie Cheesecake from The Crumby Kitchen
Peppermint Stick Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Red Velvet Cookies from Live Love Texas
Red Velvet Truffle Sugar Cookie Cups from The Spiffy Cookie
Santa Belt Cupcakes from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies from Cheese Curd in Paradise
Be sure to enter the giveaway for some super sweet prizes!
Thank you ChristmasSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Lorann Oils & Flavors, Torani, Joyjolt, and Sweets & Treats Boutique for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The ChristmasSweetsWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The ChristmasSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the ChristmasSweetsWeek posts or entry.