Hi everyone! I’m excited to have the girls from Sincerely Jean here guest posting today! They’ve got some delicious caramel apple nachos to share with you today just in time for you to plan a weekend apple picking trip!
Hello Just Us Four readers! It’s Shari, Tami, and Patti from Sincerely Jean. Today we are sharing Tami’s recipe for caramel apple nachos! We hope you enjoy!…
Caramel apples are fall staples enjoyed by kids and adults alike. They date back to the 1950’s and are still a favorite treat! The fun of it is customizing them however you would like and getting creative with your toppings.
Since we love to make caramel apples around fall time, why not make them easier to make and easier to eat! Here are the ingredients and simple steps to caramel apple nachos!
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Nachos:
4 large green granny smith apples
10 oz caramel
1 tablespoon water
Choose from mini chocolate chips, toffee bits, crushed oreo, white chocolate, melted chocolate, melted nutella, melted white chocolate, crushed snickers, sprinkles, mini M&M’s, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, reese’s pieces, crushed reese’s, butterscotch chips
Let’s Make It:
1. Clean your apples with cold water. You can also wash the with a vinegar solution before rinsing them thoroughly under cold water.
2. Core and slice the apples. This is easily done if you have a metal apple slicer/divider.
3. Place the apple slices on your serving tray/plate. This is the plate that you will serve to your guests.
4. Add caramel and water to a pot and melt over low-medium heat. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Cook until mixture is smooth. Caramel will usually be completely melted in about three minutes.
5. Drizzle caramel on top of the apples. You can use a spoon or a squeeze bottle.
6. Add desired toppings (hard to choose from that yummy list above!) Have these prepared ahead of time so that you can quickly add them after you add the caramel.
7. Serve immediately to avoid the apples becoming brown.