Hi there! I’m Sarah and I write over at BettyCupcakes where I blend my Texas homecooking with the flavors of the Irish-Italian family I married into. Needless to say, there is no shortage of good food in our house!
My husband and I have a wee one at home and because of that we share quite a few date nights at home. While I love changing out of my sweatpants and going out for a night on the town, there’s something to be said for curling up on the couch in your pajamas with your sweetheart and treat. Warm and just a touch spicy, this mulled wine is the just the right indulgence for a cozy night.
Might I suggest serving it alongside a soft gingersnap cookie? The flavor combination is delightful!
Mulled Wine for Two
16 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon wine (I used Big House wine)
1 cup apple slices (~1 small apple cut into 1/2 inch slices)
2 1-inch pieces of lemon peel (~1/4 of a lemon, peeled)
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 of a cinnamon stick
1 Orange and Spice herbal tea bag (I used Bigelow’s brand)
- Combine wine, apple slices, lemon peel, sugar and cinnamon stick in a small sauce pan. Place over low heat.
- Warm wine for 15 minutes over low heat. Do not let it bubble or boil.
- Add the tea bag and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and strain the apples and cinnamon stick from the wine.
- Split mulled wine between glasses and serve
- Happy sipping!