I am so excited to share this super cheesy recipe with you today. While this post was sponsored by Sargento® Shredded Cheese, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Life is crazy around here. Can you tell considering it the evening and you are getting a post from me instead of my normal 7am posting?! With school out and activities and camps starting, our schedule is kind of hectic as we try to settle into a good rhythm. That means dinner needs to be quick and easy to make sure it actually gets made versus a take out order placed. Oh, and I don’t want a lot of dishes to clean up either. I’m not asking too much, right?! This cheesy kale one pot pasta fits all those requirements!
This recipe came about when I partnered with Sargento for their Chopped at Home Challenge. Have you ever watched Chopped? Basically, the contestants are given a bunch of random ingredients and they have to come up with a recipe that uses all of them. I thought it would be so fun to do it at home. My ingredients were: kale, bacon, oyster crackers and Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar.
One Pot Cheesy Kale Pasta Ingredients:
1 Tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cups half and half
3 Tbsp butter
2 tsp salt
4 cups vegetable broth
1 box rigatoni pasta
1 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1 1/2 cup kale, roughly chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup oyster crackers, crushed
Let’s Make It:
1) Grab a large skillet or pot and heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add half and half and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
2) Add salt, vegetable broth and pasta. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add kale and artichokes and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and cheddar cheeses.
Top with crumbled bacon and crushed oyster crackers.
This pasta is straight up amazing! I was inspired by Allyson’s spicy one pot pasta when I was trying to decide what to do with the kale. I loved my spinach and artichoke pasta bake so though the kale would be a fantastic replacement and it totally was.
Have you tried to mimic a cooking show at home to see what you can create? Sargento® encourages you to get in the kitchen and do your own Chopped at Home Challenge. Make something with Sargento® Shredded Cheese and then submit it for a chance to $10,000!
Also, be sure to visit Sargento® on Pinterest for TONS of ideas on what to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 box rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup oyster crackers, crushed
- Grab a large skillet or pot and heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add half and half and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salt, vegetable broth and pasta. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Add kale and artichokes and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. Top with crumbled bacon and crushed oyster crackers.
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page Pinterest.com/sargentocheese/ or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.
Leave a Reply