I am so excited to be partnering with Barilla to bring you this great family friendly recipe. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Every time I ask my daughter what she wants for dinner, her answer is the same: pasta. While our entire family loves pasta, we obviously don’t eat it every night. However, 15 minute tomato basil mozzarella pasta does make an appearance on our menu very often, especially as we prep for back to school season, because it is quick, easy and always a crowd pleaser.
In our house, Barilla pasta and sauce are the favorite. The ridges of Barilla Penne make it ideal for retaining sauces on the entire surface, inside and out. We combine it with the Barilla Tomato Basil sauce, with a hint of added cream, for the absolute perfect combination. You can add any kind of meat or vegetable to the dish as it is the perfect starting point for an amazing dinner. Barilla pasta and sauce are made with simple ingredients and non-GMO ingredients making the best choice for my family.
To make this meal in just 15 minutes, cook your pasta while you prep the other ingredients and cook them. That way, it will be ready to toss with the sauce and other ingredients right on time.
Ingredients for 15 Minute Tomato Basil Mozzarella Pasta:
12 oz Barilla Penne, cooked al dente
12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper
2 tsp olive oil
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
3/4 cup Barilla Tomato Basil Sauce
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
Let’s Make It:
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 2 minutes per side.
2. Add spinach and sun dried tomatoes to pan. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt. Stir in Barilla sauce and heavy cream.
3. Add pasta and toss to coat. Stir in mozzarella and cook for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat and top with shredded Parmesan and fresh basil.
We love shrimp in this dish but you could easy skip it for a vegetarian option or add chicken or sausage for a different protein. Go with whatever your family prefers most.
Because Barilla is committed to providing nutritious options to families, they have partnered with the No Kid Hungry organization which is a national non-profit organization that focuses on connecting kids in need with nutritious food and teaches their families how to cook healthy, affordable meals. The organization also focuses making ending childhood hunger a national priority. As part of their partnership, Barilla will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry, up to $50,000, for every box of Barilla Blue Box pasta purchased at Walmart between 8/10/2017 – 10/31/2017. That’s enough to provide 500,000 meals to kids in need. Learn more at nokidhungry.org.
- 12 oz Barilla Penne, cooked al dente
- 12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Barilla Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Add spinach and sun dried tomatoes to pan. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt. Stir in Barilla sauce and heavy cream.
- Add pasta and toss to coat. Stir in mozzarella and cook for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat and top with shredded Parmesan and fresh basil.