Tuna salad is one of those great go to lunch ideas because it is full of protein to help you make it through the day and tastes great. It also makes the perfect after school snack when the kids come home complaining they are so hungry. I created this pesto and sun dried tomato tuna salad to change up my typical version and cut out a lot of the unhealthy items that typically go into a tuna salad.
I love getting my kids to try new things and sending healthy lunch options with them to school. Tuna is an awesome option because it is full of protein and can be used in tons of different recipes. I prefer the Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water because they come in super convenient pouches. You can also find it in more traditional cans though if that is what you prefer.
What You’ll Need:
2 5oz pouches of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water
1/3 cup basil walnut pesto
5 sun dried tomatoes, rinsed and diced
1 Tbsp plain, nonfat yogurt
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
3 Tbsp red onion, diced
Let’s Make It:
1) In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to mix well. Serve on crackers or bread as desired.
What is your favorite tuna recipe? Do you turn to tuna salad for the perfect, quick lunch or back to school snack option? You can find some recipe inspiration by visiting Bumble Bee®’s custom recipe page.
- 2 5oz pouches of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1/3 cup basil walnut pesto
- 5 sun dried tomatoes, rinsed and diced
- 1 Tbsp plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp red onion, diced
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to mix well. Serve on crackers or bread as desired.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.