Ok, so I know we are all kind of starting to think about pumpkins and comfort food for the upcoming fall and winter months. Heck, it was even chilly enough yesterday during the rain that I wore a sweatshirt. But, there are still summer days left to enjoy and, with them, a melon arugula salad to eat.
This is about the time of year where my kids are still begging me to buy watermelon but have eaten so much throughout the summer that they don’t actually finish it before it goes bad. So, I am left to try and find ways to use it so it doesn’t go to waste. Hence, this delicious arugula salad that features watermelon, blackberries and fresh mozzarella. It is all drizzled with a crazy delicious vinaigrette that you might find yourself just eating with a spoon.
Now, if you can’t find any good watermelon right now since it is kind of late in the season, feel free to sub any melon you prefer.
Ingredients for Melon Arugula Salad:
2 cups arugula
1 cup watermelon cubes
1 1/2 cups blackberries
2 cups fresh mozzarella balls
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tsp black pepper
4 Tbsp avocado oil
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
Let’s Make It:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together avocado oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey until well combined. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss together arugula, watermelon, blackberries, mozzarella, and mint. Drizzle with prepared dressing and toss to combine. Top with cracked black pepper just before serving.
This salad is a total crowd pleaser and so easy to make. It is perfect for all your late summer BBQs and even early fall picnics. Want to take something a little healthy to the tailgate? This salad is it! I mean no one can resist fresh mozzarella.
The pumpkin days are coming but, for now, go ahead and toss this salad together and enjoy those last few summertime moments before it is jacket weather.
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup watermelon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together avocado oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, watermelon, blackberries, mozzarella, and mint. Drizzle with prepared dressing and toss to combine. Top with cracked black pepper just before serving.