We go on a lot of picnics once the weather turns nice. We live near Virginia wine country (yep, that is actually a thing) and so the local vineyards tend to be our picnic spots. Nothing goes better with wine than yummy cheese and appetizers. One of my favorites right now is this cherry brie crostini.
I pack all of the ingredients for this separately and then we can build our crostini as we go at the vineyard. It is great because it allows everyone to get as much or as little of each item as they want.
Ingredients for Cherry Brie Crostini:
1 loaf French baguette, sliced diagonally
1 tub spreadable Brie cheese
1 cup dried cherries
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp water
1 Tbsp honey
Let’s Make It:
1. In a small bowl, combine cherries, balsamic vinegar, and water. Stir and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Drain.
2. Spread brie onto bread slices. Top with cherry mixture and then drizzle with honey.
This crostini make an amazing party appetizer that requires almost no work. Or, you can do like we do and pack it up for a picnic. Brie goes great with a Chardonnay, Pinot Noir or even a fruity rose (my personal favorite wine for summer).
What are some of your favorite picnic foods? Do you have any local vineyards or breweries nearby?
Essential Items for this Recipe:
Bread Knife // Mixing Bowl // Honey Dipper // Cheese Knives
- 1 loaf French baguette, sliced diagonally
- 1 tub spreadable Brie cheese
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, combine cherries, balsamic vinegar, and water. Stir and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- Spread brie onto bread slices. Top with cherry mixture and then drizzle with honey.
If you are looking for more picnic friendly recipes, be sure to check these out:
Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini
Carole from Carole's Chatter says
Hi Shannah, this would fit perfectly in Food on Friday under the stone fruit theme. Hope you bring it on over. Cheers from Carole’s Chatter