Back to School preparations continue here in the Just Us Four house!
This past weekend it was haircuts! Hair Cuttery does a fantastic program this time a year called “Share-A-Haircut“.
For every child that comes in a pays for a haircut (like us!), Hair Cuttery donates a haircut to a local child in need.
Here’s Miss H before we headed off to the salon.
We made sure to go all out for her back to school haircut so she started with the shampoo.
Look at the focus she has on what the woman is doing. She was totally cracking me up at how serious she was taking the whole thing.
And…the finished product!
|And yes, she changed outfits into her “favorite” dress!|
Are you headed out for back to school haircuts soon? If so, and you have a Hair Cuttery near you, please consider taking part in their Share-A-Haircut program. The program runs from August 1st through the 15th! It is such a simple way to give to those less fortunate.
Don’t have a Hair Cuttery nearby but still want to participate? You can share the Share-A-Haircut Facebook App on your page between July 18th and August 15th and Hair Cuttery will donate a haircut!
When you go, also keep some of these tips, courtesy of Hair Cuttery owner Dennis Ratner, for getting a great cut in mind:
1. Go to the salon with a plan. In the days leading up to a haircut, ask your child what type of cut he or she wants. Use reference points like family members or celebrities to help them capture their ideas.
2. As for someone who specializes in children. Many salons – including all Hair Cuttery locations – employ stylists who focus on kids’ cuts.
3. Use examples. When it comes to hair, pictures really ARE worth 1,000 words. Showing your stylist a photo helps make sure everyone’s on the same page.
4. Take baby steps towards a big change. If your child wants to make a drastic change to their hair (like cutting off 5 inches!), breaking it into smaller increments can help easy your child’s adjustment to the change. Bonus – If you or your child isn’t loving the new look, doing it in stages gives you the opportunity to stop before things go too far!
5. Get post-cut styling tips. Before leaving the salon, ask the stylish to demonstrate how they styled the cut.
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.