I shared a few ideas for Superbowl Party food recently. As I was searching, I was amazed how many different types of recipes contained avocados. Now, my household loves avocados! But, I don’t know that many people realize how truly versatile an avocado is…they definitely extend way beyond guacamole! Since I am all about sharing things I love with you guys, let’s talk about a few things to do with this awesome food. Avocados from Mexico are what I find most often in my grocery store so I am most familiar with those.
1) Use it as baby’s first (or close to first) food. H and E both had avocado as their first foods. We simply smashed a ripe one up with a fork and then added a little milk. They loved it and I loved how great the nutrition was compared to some of the first food options available.
2) Make a smoothie! Throw some avocado, milk, honey, yogurt and ice into the blender and go. The result is a beautiful green breakfast on the go.
3) Replace your butter and jam with avocado on your toast. Add a little salt and pepper and you’ve got a delicious snack!
4) Give yourself a facial! Just mash the insides up and put on your face for 3-5 minutes. This is especially great during the dry winters.
5) Use them as an ingredient in tons of recipes. From chicken dishes to salads to soup, avocados can be used in so many dishes. My favorite is throwing a few cubes into chicken tortilla soup right before serving. Yummy!
Now that I’ve shared with you a few ways to use avocados, where can you find more? First, you can visit I love avocados on Facebook. There you will not only find other avocado lovers but also be able to get neat items like this badge to put on your website or blog.
You can also follow them on Twitter @guacgrl or use hashtag #iloveavocados in your tweets.
How do you typically eat avocados? Do you use them in unconventional ways like facial masks?
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.