For as long as I can remember, cookies and Christmas go hand in hand. My grandmother used to spend day after day making all kinds of delicious Christmas treats. No one came to visit without getting a plate of goodies to take home. As I’ve gotten older, I try to do the same for my family and friends. Mathlete loves oatmeal cookies so it only makes sense to include some version in our holiday baking. My favorite are white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies.
These cookies are so perfect for Christmas. They combine the tartness of cranberries with the sweetness of smooth, white chocolate and heartiness of oats.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies:
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup chopped cranberries
2/3 cup + 1 cup white chocolate chips
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) Beat together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time. Mix until combine.
3) In a large bowl. combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix.
4) Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture. Let each addition incorporate before adding more. Fold in cranberries and 2/3 cup white chocolate chips.
5) Drop by 1 Tbsp amounts onto prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Let cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool completely.
6) In a small bowl, add 1 cup white chocolate chips. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir until smooth. Drizzle white chocolate over cooled cookies.
These cookies practically disappeared as fast as I could get them onto the plate. Mathlete has already requested a second batch and several co-workers want a chance to try them too!
What are your favorite cookies? Do you prefer milk or white chocolate?
Be sure to check out these other great cookies: